Chelsea Injury Lawyer
Among Massachusetts residents between the ages of one and 44, unintentional injuries are the leading cause of death. As many as 31 percent of people within this age group lose their lives to unintentional injuries, according to Mass.gov. Falls are the number two cause of injury-related fatalities and motor vehicle collisions were the third-leading cause of injury related deaths in 2008 and the fourth-leading cause of injury-related deaths in 2009.
Unfortunately, residents of Chelsea, Massachusetts face risks of injury and death as well. An experienced attorney should be consulted after injury occurs as victims or surviving family members may be entitled to compensation for losses. The Law Office of Jeffrey S. Glassman offers free consultations so call today to have your case evaluated by a Chelsea personal injury lawyer.Chelsea Residents Face Risks of Injury
Chelsea, Massachusetts is located on a peninsula in Boston Harbor and is bordered on three sides by water. With a total area of 2.4 square miles and a population of 36,828 people, Chelsea is the second most densely populated city in Massachusetts. Chelsea is near Boston but offers much more affordable housing opportunities and a lower cost of living, making it an attractive place for young facilities to live. There are also large Hispanic and Latino populations within the area.
Unfortunately, there are also significant risks of injury in this crowded part of Massachusetts. For example, Chelsea residents and visitors could suffer harm due to:
- Medical malpractice. According to Mass.gov, in Chelsea, only 24.1 percent of births are cesarean births as compared with the Massachusetts state average of 32.3 percent. A lower rate of cesarean sections could elevate the risk of birth injuries to occur if physicians fail to recognize when a child is in distress.
- Nursing home abuse or negligence.
- Dog bites.
- Fall injuries and injuries due to dangerous property conditions.
- Motor vehicle collisions. In both 2010 and 2011, a total of three people per year died in fatal motor vehicle collisions in Chelsea, Massachusetts. In 2010, these deaths occurred in three collisions involving three pedestrians and three people. In 2011, the deadly accidents happened in a total of three collisions and involved five people and four vehicles.
- Defective products including dangerous drugs or defective medical products.
After an incident occurs that causes injury, it may be beneficial to contact the police to have an accident report written. The Chelsea police department may be reached at the main number by calling 617-466-4855 according to the Chelsea city website. An accident report from the police may be used as evidence in a personal injury or wrongful death claim.
Victims who can prove that an injury or death occurred because of negligence or wrongdoing may obtain compensation through a lawsuit. The Chelsea District Court is located at 120 Broadway in Chelsea, Massachusetts. Victims can also negotiate a settlement outside of court and obtain compensation that an insurer or defendant agrees to pay. An attorney can assist with the negotiation process and can help prove a claim in court.
Schedule your free consultation with a Chelsea personal injury lawyer at Jeffrey Glassman Injury Lawyers. Call (617) 777-7777 or contact us online.