Nerve injuries can be among the most debilitating and misunderstood injuries an accident victim can suffer.
The Boston accident attorneys at the Jeffrey Glassman Injury Lawyers have the knowledge and resources to assist in recovering the damages to which a victim is entitled after suffering nerve damage or other injuries in a Massachusetts accident.
Common injuries from injury accidents include:
- Neck injuries: Fall accidents and car accidents are a common cause of neck pain. Whiplash is a neck strain or sprain. Neck injuries also frequently involve pinched nerves or nerve damage.
- Spinal cord Injuries: The most serious form of nerve damage is injury to the spinal cord, which can result in quadriplegia or paraplegia. Spinal cord injuries can be complete or partial, which means some feeling remains.
- Injuries to the back: Back injuries are among the most debilitating injuries suffered by accident victims. Many back injuries never fully heal or get worse over time. Nerve damage can impact feeling in the arms and legs and can lead to disability.
- Fibromyalgia: This nerve condition can be triggered by a car accident and the associated trauma, particularly to the upper spinal region. This chronic condition is characterized by widespread aches, fatigue, irritable bowel syndrome, headaches and facial pain. Widespread and diffuse symptoms can also lead to depression, anxiety, mood swings, difficultly concentrating and irritability.
- Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)/Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD): A chronic pain disorder that develops when injuries to muscle, bone or nerves do not follow a normal healing path. When an injury occurs, nerves send messages back and forth from the brain to the injury site. With CRPS/RSD, that process does not shut off. Symptoms include severe pain, pain to light touch and swelling. Over time, the pain may migrate to other extremities. The pain may last for weeks, or in severe cases may go on indefinitely - even for years.
While the debilitation that results from severe nerve damage is obvious, many of these conditions are also hard to prove. At Jeffrey Glassman Injury Lawyers, we work with the legal and medical experts who know and understand such cases. And we have the resources necessary to build the type of cases that are capable of winning clients the compensation necessary to deal with such chronic pain. Rehabilitation is another area where insurance companies attempt to limit their liability. This can have a negative impact on a victim's long-term prospects for recovery. Our Massachusetts nerve damage attorneys are committed to fighting for the rehabilitation resources necessary for the proper treatment and recovery of your injuries.
If your or a loved one has suffered nerve damage in a Massachusetts accident, contact the Boston personal injury lawyers and wrongful death attorneys at Jeffrey Glassman Injury Lawyers today for a free and confidential consultation to discuss your rights. We will arrange to meet you at the place of your choosing, even at home or in the hospital. And you'll pay no fees unless we are successful in making a recovery.
Boston Injury Lawyer - (617) 777-7777 -- Free Consultation