Michael Sweet is an associate at the Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Glassman, LLC, concentrating his practice on product liability, toxic torts, and mass torts by helping those injured by defective medical devices, pharmaceutical drugs, and dangerous chemicals. Prior to joining the firm as an associate, Michael served as a law clerk in the mass torts division beginning in July of 2017.
Michael is currently assisting those injured by numerous defective products in consolidated efforts at both the federal and state level. Specifically, Michael has multi-district litigation (MDL) experience in the following areas:
- MDL 2244: In RE DePuy Orthopaedics, Inc., Pinnacle Hip Implant Products Liability Litigation
- MDL 2768: In RE: Stryker LFIT V40 Femoral Head Products Liability Litigation
- MDL 2846: In RE: Davol, Inc./C.R. Bard, Inc., Polypropylene Hernia Mesh Products Liability Litigation
- MDL 2782: In RE: Ethicon Physiomesh Flexible Composite Hernia Mesh Products Liability Litigation
- MDL 2641: In RE: Bard IVC Filters Products Liability Litigation
- MDL 2570: In RE: Cook Medical, Inc., IVC Filters Marketing, Sales Practice, and Products Liability Litigation
- MDL 2741: In RE: Roundup Products Liability Litigation
- MDL 2885: In RE: 3M Combat Arms Earplug Products Liability Litigation
- MDL 2738: In RE: Johnson & Johnson Talcum Powder Marketing, Sales Practices, and Products Liability Litigation
Additionally, Michael has experience in assisting clients with their individual claims with the following products:
- Hernia mesh
- IVC Filters
- Pharmaceutical drugs
Michael has experience with every stage of a mass tort case and is more than eager to help each client understand his or her respective position in order to best help them with their claim.
Michael earned his undergraduate degree from Susquehanna University in 2016 and earned his Juris Doctor from Suffolk University Law School in 2019. In his free time, Michael enjoys the outdoors, hiking, fishing, playing soccer, and traveling back to his home state of Pennsylvania.
J.D., Suffolk University Law School , 2019
B.A., Susquehanna University, 2016